So you are not used to being in front of the camera, and that is entirely okay! I understand how nerve-racking having a photoshoot done can be. If you have never done one before, I have gathered up some pointers to help your first session go smoothly!
- Ask questions! Alleviate any tension and nerves to figure out why this photo session is causing you to feel this way. Make a list to ask your photographer.
- Keep it simple. Whether it be an outfit, hairstyle, or makeup, do not overdo it. Being simple and sweet is how I like it! Your photographs will appear more natural and not so cheesy.
- Don’t self-sabotage. Change your mindset! Instead of thinking, “I can’t do this. What am I doing?”, how about changing it to, “I am going to look great in these! This is going to be so fun.” Because it honestly is fun!
- When in doubt, just chill out. Find a salon the day before to get your hair trimmed or touched up, or get a massage at a spa! Pamper yourself and pump yourself up for your big day. When you feel good about yourself, it instills self-confidence.
- When the day comes for your photography session, remember you will enjoy it, and the results will be fantastic. Share the final photos with family and friends, and I am sure they will agree how wonderful they turned out to be!